Students must meet ALL of the following criteria before attempting to register for distance courses.
- Only students fully admitted into the university are eligible to register for distance courses.
- All fully admitted students should consult with their advisor prior to registering for courses to ensure courses they wish to take will help fulfill degree requirements. Courses taken without proper advisor approval may or may not be applied to a student's program of study.
- Students wishing to register for distance courses will need to be released to register. If you have not received an email stating that you have been released to register, please contact your advisor.
All distance students can register online through Banner. Students will need the following information in order to complete the online registration process:
- List of courses and course information:
- Subject (ARC 1013-501)
- Course Number (ARC 1013-501)
- Section Number (ARC 1013-501)
- Login to your myState portal by entering your MSU NetID and NetPassword.
- Select the 'hamburger" icon at the top left of the page and Banner in the drop-down menu.
- Hover or click myBanner for Students to access student information.
- Under the column labeled Registration, click on the Register for Classes link.
- Select the term you want to register for.
- Select Add/Drop Classes Using One Class At A Time Option.
- Enter the subject (ARC 1013-501), course number (ARC 1013-501), and section number (ARC 1013-501) and click Add Class OR enter the course code and click Add Class.
- Continue step 7 until you have added all of your classes.
*Also, a great step-by-step process for registering for courses is found in our Registration guide.
BullyMail is your MSU student email account where all course information will be sent. To access your BullyMail account, log into you myState portal at my.msstate.edu using your MSU netID and password. Click on the "hamburger" icon at the top left of the screen and select BullyMail from the drop down menu. Your official email address is netID@msstate.edu. For more information, visit Information Technology Services or watch Your Guide to BullyMail.