Industrial technology is involved with the education of supervisors or managers in advanced manufacturing and maintenance. This area has a great shortfall of well-qualified technical people. Industry is very open to hiring graduates from the program because the program combines theory with hands-on learning which makes the graduates knowledge and skill set highly marketable. The program is offered via distance through both online and hybrid courses to retain the hands on learning components, which make the program attractive to industry.
The Industrial technology Program is for you if…
- ...you enjoy technology and engineering-related fields.
- ...you like a hands-on approach to manufacturing applications and processes
- ...you wish to have a wide choice of career paths, e.g. production, human resources, quality control, etc.
- ...you desire to become a manager or supervisor in the manufacturing sector.
Students receive an excellent background in science, mathematics, design and human relations. This is coupled with the practical use of both manual and automated machinery and the associated tools, as well as knowledge of industrial manufacturing processes, materials and logistics. Students have the opportunity to specialize in specific areas by selecting from two concentrations:
- Industrial Automation
- Manufacturing and Maintenance Management
For an enhanced educational experience, industrial software is employed in the teaching of classes and labs. Software includes the following:
- Inventor - 3D drafting
- Inventor HSM - computer-aided manufacturing software
- Automation Studio - electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic simulation software
- Rockwell Automation - PLC simulation and programming software
Industrial technology is an undergraduate degree program inside the Department of Instruction Systems and Workforce Development. Browse the department website to learn more about our outstanding programs, scholarships and career opportunities, and the accomplishments of our dedicated faculty and outstanding students and alumni.