Are you looking to move into an administrative role? The Master of Science in Educational Leadership with a concentration in School Administration prepares educators for a variety of functions school administrators must perform.
Through this degree program, you can learn to
- analyze data
- evaluate instruction
- improve student achievement
- make strategic decisions
- creatively solve problems
- promote change
- establish positive school culture
- understand budgets
- manage resources
- and more!
The program is nationally accredited by the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) and approved for administrative licensure by the Mississippi Department of Education. If you plan to work outside the state of Mississippi, please contact your state's Department of Education to see if this program meets your state's criteria for licensure.
Graduates are prepared for a wide range of professional positions in education, including principal, assistant principal, coordinator, and director
Contact Dr. Leigh Ann Hailey or Valerie Tate to learn more about this online program!
Why Mississippi State?
- In-state tuition for all online students
- Start when it's convenient for you—Spring, Summer, or Fall
- Start and complete a degree from anywhere
- Veteran-friendly distinctions
- Same faculty teach classes on campus and online
To be eligible for admission to the program, the applicant must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, meet the basic requirements specified for graduate students at Mississippi State University, demonstrate interest in the mission of P-12 schools, and demonstrate academic proficiency based on the following indicators:
- grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale on the last half of the bachelor's degree
- GRE score results
- recommendation letter
- statement of purpose
- copy of valid teacher's license
- evidence of three years of teaching experience
- current résumé
- letter of endorsement from current school administrator
The Program of Study provides more details about what courses are offered.