Are you looking to move into an administrative role? The Master of Science in Educational Leadership with a concentration in School Administration prepares educators for a variety of functions school administrators must perform.
Through this degree program, you can learn to
- analyze data
- evaluate instruction
- improve student achievement
- make strategic decisions
- creatively solve problems
- promote change
- establish positive school culture
- understand budgets
- manage resources
- and more!
The program is nationally accredited by the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) and approved for administrative licensure by the Mississippi Department of Education. If you plan to work outside the state of Mississippi, please contact your state's Department of Education to see if this program meets your state's criteria for licensure.
Graduates are prepared for a wide range of professional positions in education, including principal, assistant principal, coordinator, and director.
The Admission Criteria and Program of Study provides more details about what courses are offered.
Contact Dr. Leigh Ann Hailey or Valerie Tate to learn more about this online program!
Why Mississippi State?
- In-state tuition for all online students
- Start when it's convenient for you—Spring, Summer, or Fall
- Start and complete a degree from anywhere
- Veteran-friendly distinctions
- Same faculty teach classes on campus and online
To be eligible for admission to the program, the applicant must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, meet the basic requirements specified for graduate students at Mississippi State University.
To apply, please complete the online Graduate School Admission Application.
- Under Program of Study, select "Master of Science - Education Leadership with a concentration in School Administration (EDLD)".
- Important note: if you were previously admitted to MSU as an unclassified student, then you are applying to a new degree program. Do not indicate that you are applying to the same program. Only indicate that you are applying to the same program if you were previously admitted to EDLD-EDLS during a past semester.
- Select School Administration (EDLS) as your concentration.
- Under campus, choose "Center for Distance Education."
- Upload your "State of Purpose"
- Supply the names and email addresses for three people who write letters of recommendation.
- Submit the $60.00 non-refundable application fee.