Broadcast|Operational Meteorology Workshop
August 7 - 9, 2017
The 2017 workshop officially begins on the morning of Monday, August 7th, with on-site registration.
The BMP/OMP workshop is the capstone to the three year Broadcast and Operational Meteorology Programs**. The objectives of the workshop are:
- To provide students with a wide variety of experience in hands-on weather analysis and forecasting.
- To review the important concepts covered in the program (to assist with preparation for the Certificate exam).
- To present the latest information on more time sensitive material related to forecasting (such as new models).
- To have the opportunity to discuss and critique broadcasting methods and graphics with broadcast meteorologists from across the United States and Canada.
- To allow students to network with others in the business, meet everyone face to face, and of course, celebrate the completion of the program.
BMP/OMP students are required to finish all seventeen (17) courses with grades of "C" or better, attend the summer workshop and pass the comprehensive exam before earning the certificate in Broadcast or Operational Meteorology.
** Military students completing the BMP/OMP Certificate program are NOT required to attend the workshop.
A registration fee is assessed to each student's MSU account that attends the workshop. The registration fee for the 2017 BMP/OMP workshop is $100.*
*Registration fee is subject to change.