An applicant for admission to the Master of Science in Geosciences with a concentration in Environmental Geosciences and an emphasis in Teachers in Geosciences (MS-ENGS TIG) must hold a bachelor’s degree from a fully recognized four-year educational institution that has unconditional accreditation with appropriate regional accrediting agencies.
Regular admission to graduate study in the MS-ENGS TIG program requires a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on the last 60 hours of undergraduate work. A student admitted to the Teachers in Geosciences emphasis must also have completed GG 1113 and GR 1604 or their equivalents (a Physical Geology/Survey of Earth Science course and a Weather and Climate course). Specific classes may require further prerequisites, but all prerequisite courses may be taken through distance education. The GRE is not required for admission into this program.
We will consider applications for the MS-ENGS TIG emphasis at any time. However, it is preferred for students to begin the program in the fall semester so that students can complete the summer capstone course in the final semester.
- Fill out the online Application for Admission. The application includes:
- A Statement of Purpose – Include a statement declaring you are applying for the TIG emphasis.
- The names and email addresses of 3 individuals submitting letters of recommendation on your behalf. Each reference will be provided with a form to complete.
- Submit a $60.00 or $80.00 international (non-refundable) application fee, payable online or to MSU Office of the Graduate School, P.O. Box G, Mississippi State, MS 39762-5507.
- Submit one official transcript from the awarding institution of your undergraduate degree either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Office of the Graduate School
P.O Box G
Mississippi State, MS 39762-5507