Requirements for Enrolling in the MAT-X Program at Mississippi State University:
Please contact Susan Steward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps 1-6 must be completed by:
- December 1 to be considered for spring admission.
- May 1 to be considered for summer admission.
- August 1 to be considered for fall admission.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally/nationally-accredited institution of higher learning.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75 (based on a 4.0 scale) on the last 60 credit hours of baccalaureate work.
- Meet the Mississippi score requirements on the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators tests (CORE) or have a composite ACT score of at least 21.
- Meet the Mississippi score requirements on the Praxis II Specialty Area Examination in Special Education. The Praxis II test code is 5354 (computer-based). The minimum score requirement is 152 if taken after September 1, 2012.
|Praxis Core (CASE)
Area Examination Test Codes
|Reading - 5712||156|
|Writing - 5722||162|
|Mathematics - 5732||150|
|Combined Test - 5751||Score reported by individual tests|
*** The Praxis I (PPST) tests are no longer accepted by the Mississippi Department of Education.
- Have Praxis CORE and Praxis II Special Education: Content Knowledge test scores sent to MSU. Applicants should also print a copy of Praxis Core and Praxis II scores from the ETS website for their personal records. An applicant cannot be considered for the MAT-X program until these scores are on file at MSU For more information on the Praxis CORE and Praxis II tests: