Distance MBA Minors
Students interested in business and technology may wish to pursue a graduate minor in Business Information Systems. Typical career paths range from programmer to systems analyst, database administrator, network administration, IT manager, and Chief Information Officer.
The graduate BIS minor will be awarded to candidates who have successfully completed the specified nine hours of approved coursework with a minimum GPA of 3.00 in those courses. The nine hours are expected to be taken from the following list.
Choose any one of the following:
- BIS 6113 BIS Security Management
- BIS 6513 Microcomputers/Networks
- BIS 6523 Advanced Languages II
- BIS 6533 Decision Support Systems
Choose any two of the following:
- BIS 8213 Advanced Systems Analysis and Design
- BIS 8313 Advanced Database Design Administration
- BIS 8413 Data Analytics
- BIS 8513 Business Telecommunications
- BIS 8613 MIS Administration
Students should submit the Minor Request form to a BIS faculty member for signature before starting the minor courses. Distance students can sign and submit the form by e-mail to Cindy Smith for forwarding to BIS faculty.
Students interested in pursuing a minor outside of the College of Business should contact their advisor, Cindy Smith, to discuss options.