After you have received your notice that you have been accepted, you will need to register for classes. If you need academic advising or transcript evaluation in order to decide which courses to take, contact Cindy Smith.
Check out our listing of Available Courses and write down the course symbol (i.e. MGT) and number (i.e. 8112) you want to take, as well as the appropriate section number.
Classified MBA and MBA-PM students can register online (or drop classes) at Banner Web by following these instructions:
- Access the mySTATE Portal.
- Enter your NetID and NetPassword.
- Current students will use the same NetID and NetPassword used to access previous courses.
- 1st time users will need to set up a password by selecting Trouble Logging In under the Need Help menu and select "Set Your Initial Password".
- If you forgot your password, select Trouble Logging In under the Need Help menu and select "Forgot Your Password".
- Once you have entered your NetID and NetPassword, click on Login.
- Click on the menu tab (hamburger shaped icon) at the top left of the screen.
- Click on the word "Banner" from the drop down menu that appears.
- Click on "myBanner For Students" from the menu that will appear across the top of the screen.
- Under the Registration column click Register for Classes.
- Select the term you plan to take courses and click the Submit Term button.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In the event that you do not remember your NetPassword, you will need to contact the Information Technology Services (ITS) department and get your password reset. Please contact ITS by phone at 662.325.0631 or their email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Information Technology Services (ITS) website. The next time you use the system, you will need to access NetPassword/Maintenance to set up a new NetPassword.
Once you have registered, here's how to get started with your class:
- After you log in to mySTATE, click on the menu tab (hamburger shaped icon) at the top left of the screen and choose the CLASSROOM tab which will take you to your myCourses page. Make sure all classes you should be enrolled in appear. If not, please contact Distance Technical Assistance by completing this form, or calling 662.325.0278.
- Order your textbook(s). Visit the Available Courses page to see if books are required for the course, or go directly to the Barnes & Noble website, and under Textbooks, enter your course information. Any required textbooks will be listed with options available.