Distance Makes a Difference Scholarship
For the second time, the Center for Distance Education (CDE) at Mississippi State University will be awarding Distance Makes a Difference Scholarships.
Three (3) one-time $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students for the 2018 fall semester. The CDE is now accepting applications.
The deadline to apply is July 16, 2018.
To be considered for the Distance Makes a Difference Scholarship, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate distance education degree program during the 2018 fall semester.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) hours.
- Must have an overall GPA of 2.5 or above.
- Submission of a resumé.
Submission of the Distance Makes a Difference Scholarship must be done through your MyState account using your NetID and NetPassword. You must complete and submit the general application first. At that point, if you meet the criteria above, the Distance Makes a Difference Scholarship will appear.
Scroll down to follow the full instructions which appear below.
Recipients will be selected by the Distance Makes a Difference Scholarship Committee. Scholarships recipients will be notified by July 20, 2018.
How to Apply for Scholarships at Mississippi State University
- Student must be admitted to MSU to apply for scholarships.
- Log in to your MyState account using your NetID and NetPassword.
- On the Banner tab, under the Financial Aid and Scholarships column, click "Submit/Revise General Scholarship Application".
- A new window will pop up, and you'll need to log in again using your NetID and NetPassword.
- When you're logging in for the first time, you'll need to complete the general application.
- Don't forget to click the "Save" button! When you're returning after your first log-in, you'll be able to see your saved information.
- After you complete and submit your general application, you may have additional opportunities recommended to you based on your test scores, GPA, leadership and service, and applicant record. More opportunities may become available over time, so we encourage you to log in regularly and check your account to see if any additional recommendations appear.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions and Scholarships at scholarships.msstate.edu or (662) 325-2224.