MSU ID Request
Please submit the following to email@example.com AFTER you have officially registered for classes. Include your NetID and 9-digit MSU ID number within the body of the email.
- A passport quality photo in a digital format. (Preferably .jpeg)
- A scanned image of another official ID which contains a photo for verification.
Note that a passport quality photo follows the guidelines listed below:
- Photo should be in color and when sized to 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size the head is between 1 inch and 1 ⅜ inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
- Photo should be taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance, in front of a plain white or off-white background, in full-face view directly facing the camera, and with a neutral facial expression and both eyes open.
- Photo should include clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis and uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn for your photo.
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required)
- Glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses or by turning off the camera flash.
These guidelines can be found at http://travel.state.gov/passport/pptphotoreq/pptphotoreq_5333.html and a copy of PHOTO EXAMPLES is also available.