As part of the University’s ongoing commitment to veterans, the Department of Instructional Systems and Workforce Development in the College of Education at Mississippi State University is pleased to offer a new Veterans’ Certificate Program that can be completed online.
What is a Veterans’ Certificate?
- A uniquely designed—first of its kind—certificate that provides the needed knowledge, competencies and skills for individuals to work with veterans’ issues in various venues.
- Includes only 15 credit hours that can be started in any semester (fall, spring, or summer).
- Does not require admission to a degree program—only admission to the university—and enrollment in the required courses.
Who should apply?
- Individuals who need training relevant to veterans’ specific needs.
- Individuals who support veterans as they transition to college and civilian life.
- Individuals who are seeking advancement in any governmental agency that deals with veterans.
- Undergraduate students seeking an interdisciplinary concentration for the BSIS degree.
- Graduate students seeking a minor.