Benefits of Online Learning
myCourses is the software tool that is utilized in delivering each of the distance learning courses offered within the Center for Distance Education. myCourses is an integrated set of tools that includes a secure environment, communication features, online testing, and collaboration that facilitates learning over the internet. Once you have registered for classes, you will receive information regarding your access to online courses.
Below are some advantages of using myCourses to deliver distance learning courses:
- Accommodates a variety of teaching methods and learning styles.
- Student management allows instructors to track student's use of the site.
- Online quizzes and tests that can be automatically graded, therefore reducing paper used and time spent grading.
- Password protected environment that allows only enrolled students to enter and view content.
- Communication tools such as calendar, email, bulletin board, and chat are available.
- Preformatted layout and design that is easy to use and develop.
- Internally navigated with its own buttons and links. Once logged in, there is no need to use your browser buttons.
- Accessible 24 hours a day from any location with internet access.
It is highly recommended that students have access to a laptop computer during the on-campus section of the program. Computer labs are available on campus with access to technology, however, because of the intensity of the program and the fact that students are housed off campus, most students have found having their own computer to be extremely beneficial.
Technical support is available for any technical problems you may encounter with myCourses. Information is posted within each course regarding common problems and solutions. If you are unable to access the technical support information within courses due to technical problems, please contact our Technology Office by filling out the Other Issues form OR you may call 1.662.325.0278.