Below are frequently asked questions by program prospects. If you have questions outside of these, please contact program staff.
- Is this program offered completely online?
- If I live outside of the state of Mississippi can I apply for program admission?
- With the on-campus requirements, am I responsible for securing my own accommodations?
- Once I complete the certificate program, will I be hired by Blue Cross Blue Shield?
- General Distance Education FAQs
No, this program is not completely online. Students are required to complete an on-campus practicum in the Student Health Center on our Starkville, MS, campus. Additionally, students must also complete an internship with a Blue Cross Blue Shield affiliate within the state of Mississippi.
No. At this time, program admission is only available to state of Mississippi residents.
Yes. If you live outside the Starkville, MS, area, you are responsible for securing your lodging and transportation during these times. MSU's Office of Off-Campus Student Services is a great resource for finding rental properties near the Starkville Campus. However, if you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our program staff.
Completing this certificate program does not guarantee you a position with a Blue Cross Blue Shield affiliate. However, it does provide you with an opportunity to be considered for a position within the organization.