Students must meet ALL of the following criteria before attempting to register for distance classes.
- Only students fully admitted into the university are eligible to register for distance classes. Students unsure of their admission status should contact Meredith Nagel in Graduate Admissions at email@example.com.
- All fully admitted students should consult with their graduate advisor prior to registering for classes to ensure courses they wish to take will help fulfill degree requirements. Courses taken without proper advisor approval may or may not be applied to a student's program of study. Graduate advisor will release student to be able to register.
- Unclassified students should contact Brad Moreland in the Office of the Graduate School to register for classes: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your NetID, what classes (ex. FNH 6353 501) your advisor has recommended for you to take, and in what semester you want to take them.
All distance students can register online through Banner. Students will need the following information in order to complete the online registration process:
- Permission to Register from your Advisor
- List of courses and course information:
- Course Symbol (FNH 8351 : 501)
- Course Number (FNH 8351: 501)
- Course Section (FNH 8351: 501)
- Log into Banner Web at myState.
- Complete the Secured Access Login by entering your NetID and password. Select the "BANNER tab" near the top of the page.
- Under My Banner for Students / Registration, choose "Register for Classes."
- Select the term in which you wish to register.
- Choose "Add/Drop Classes".
- You will now be prompted to enter the course symbol (FNH 8351: 501), and number (FNH 8351) of the course for which you wish to register.
- Please select Distance Education campus from the drop-down box to register. Once you have selected the appropriate campus, you may view the "Show Sections for Selected Course."
- Click on the appropriate section (e.g. 501) of the course for which you wish to register and select "ADD." The selected course will then be added to your class schedule. You may add additional courses by repeating this process.
- When your schedule is displayed on the screen, you can print a copy by selecting the print button at the top of the page.