For successful completion of the MSU Distance Education program, we recommend that students have Internet access via DSL or equivalent broadband connectivity.
Traditional dial-up Internet services do not provide adequate support to the many technologies used within the program.
The following software and procedures are necessary for the courses to run smoothly. Please complete the following:
The Canvas Guides and Videos will get you started with the basics of Canvas:
- Canvas Student Guide
- Canvas Video Guide for Students
- Canvas Student Overview – In this introductory Canvas video, you will learn the basics about navigating through Canvas and managing your dashboard and sidebar.
- Canvas Mobile Apps - These mobile applications provide access to Canvas for students. Depending on your device, not all Canvas features may be available on the app at this time. View Canvas mobile features by version and device.
- Which browsers does Canvas support?
- How Do I view Assignments as a student?
- What is Respondus LockDown Browser and how do I install Repsondus LockDown Browser?
- How do I view Discussions in Canvas?
- How can I use Canvas on my mobile device as a student?
- How do I view Announcements as a student?
Students registered in distance courses may contact the Center for Distance Education Help Desk for technical assistance. Please call 662.325.0278, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.