All distance students can register online through Banner. Students will need the following information in order to complete the online registration process:
- Premission from your advisor to register
- List of courses and course information (example):
- Course Symbol(GR 1114: 501)
- Course Number(GR 1114: 501)
- Course Section(GR 1114: 501)
- Log into myState using your MSU netID and password.
- Select the "BANNER" from the left hand drop down menu.
- Under My Banner for Students, choose "Register for Classes." Under the “Registration” column.
- Select the term in which you wish to register.
- Choose "Add/Drop Classes".
- You will now be prompted to enter the course symbol (GR 1114: 501), and number (GR 1114) of the course for which you wish to register.
- Please select Distance Education campus from the drop-down box to register. Once you have selected the appropriate campus, you may view the "Show Sections for Selected Course."
- Click on the appropriate section (e.g. 501) of the course for which you wish to register and select "ADD." The selected course will then be added to your class schedule. You may add additional courses by repeating this process.
- When your schedule is displayed on the screen, you can print a copy by selecting the print button at the top of the page.
If you need assistance with online registration, please email the Academic Advisor, Yasma Jacobs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.