Frequently Asked Questions
- What degree programs are offered by distance education?
- When are distance education courses/programs offered?
- How do I know if I am ready for distance education?
- If I am a main campus student, can I enroll in distance education courses?
- Where can I see a list of available distance education courses?
- Is the academic content of distance education courses/programs equivalent to the academic content of main campus courses?
- Is there an orientation for distance education courses/programs?
- Can distance students participate in graduation on campus?
- Will my diploma indicate that I took my courses online?
- How do I apply for graduation?
- When and how can I apply for admission to Mississippi State University as a distance learner?
- Are scholarships available for distance students?
- Can distance students get an MSU student ID card?
Application and Admission to MSU
- What is a Coordinator?
- What level of computer skills do I need to be successful in a distance course?
- Are tutoring services available for distance students?
- Where can I find a testing center to take my proctored exams?
Distance Student Services
- What is myState?
- What is a NetID and NetPassword?
- What is the process to register for a course?
- How will I know if I am registered for a class?
- Why am I unable to register for my distance courses?
- How do I find out what textbooks I will need?
- How do I access my distance courses?
- How do I view my grades?
myState and Class Registration
- How do I access my Mississippi State email(BullyMail) account?
- Who do I contact if I cannot gain access to my distance course or have other technical issues?
- What are the technical requirements for the successful completion of distance courses?
- What is the cost of a distance education course?
- Will financial aid and/or scholarships help pay for my distance courses?
Tuition and Fees
Contact us at:Center for Distance Education
365 Barr Avenue
P.O. Box 5247
Mississippi State, MS 3976