**We are not currently able to admit students living in the state of Georgia.**
- Go to grad.msstate.edu.
- Click on the Apply Online Now button in the upper right corner.
- Click on the "Apply Online" for the year/semester in which you will begin taking classes.
- On the next page, create an account with the Graduate School using your email address and a password. If you are currently a student at MSU or a returning applicant, you may log in on the right side of the screen using your MSU email address and password.
- Once your account has been created, you will be directed to a home screen. Under the column App #, choose "New"create a new application.
- A new screen will appear. This will be the beginning of your application.
- The first section is Admission Information.
- Under the first drop down box, choose which semester you plan on beginning classes (i.e. Spring 2014, Summer 2014, etc).
- Under Program of Study, select "Master of Arts Teach Secondary/Secondary Teacher Alt Route".
- Important note: if you were previously admitted to MSU as an unclassified student, then you are applying to a new degree program. Do not indicate that you are applying to the same program. Only indicate that you are applying to the same program if you were previously admitted to MATS during a past semester.
- Continue to answer the next few questions based on your degree plan.
- When asked to select a campus, choose "Academic Outreach -Dist. Edu."
- Complete the rest of this section.
- Complete sections 2-7, following all directions.
- For section 8, upload your Statement of Purpose. This must be in Adobe(.pdf) or Notepad(.txt). Documents in Word(.doc) are not acceptable.
- For section 9, supply the names and email addresses for three people who will write letters of recommendation. The Graduate School will send emails directly to the three references, and you will receive confirmation when the letters have been completed. *
- For section 10, you do not need to submit a resume . You may skip this section.
- For section 11, submit the $60.00 application fee.
*Contact your three references before submitting your application so they will expect an email from the Graduate School.
Please note that your application will not be considered until all forms have been submitted and your application fee has been paid. For additional MATS admission requirements, please see the Admission Checklist.